- Clearly Alarm has good taste as they have voted mr. Gnome’s Tastes Like Magic EP one of the best albums of the week.
- The Flaming Lips are always popping up in the most unexpected places. Model citizen Wayne Coyne could be seen last Sunday evening on Extreme Home Makeover as he donned hard hat and worked volunteer labor to help build a home. NTSIB is not choked up. We’re just clearing our throat.
- Daytrotter trotted out (Ha! Get it? …the time change is making us loopy…) a new session with Bonnie Prince Billy yesterday. They’re at SXSW right now taping more great sessions to share with us, by the likes of Phosphorescent and Blair and more.
- It feels like cheating to announce that Bob Pollard has a new album on the way since you could say that at any time of the year and have it be true. Still, it’s worth noting that you can preview a couple of tracks from the upcoming Circus Devils on Mr. Prolific’s website. They’re hot.
- Even though we weren’t able to be there, NTSIB is very excited that our friends Hell and Half of Georgia played their first show this past Saturday. Check out a video from the show: