- NPR’s got it going on in their First Listen feature, with Justin Townes Earle’s Harlem River Blues and the Walkmen’s Lisbon in the rotation right now. Additionally, although it’s a little older now, is the latest from A.A. Bondy-favorite James Blackshaw.
- Also at NPR, an All Tomorrow’s Parties preview playlist from NTSIB favorite Jim Jarmusch, which includes T-Model Ford, Raekwon and Ohio’s Greenhornes.
- Muzzle of Bees brings us some special downloads from a lost session Roadside Graves recorded for Aquarium Drunkard.
- Spinner offers a free download of the Black Angels’ “Telephone”, which has nothing to do with who you’re thinking of, as well as “I Got a Treme Woman” by Kermit Ruffins.
- There’s a Ray Davies collaboration album in the works, which will reportedly include Frank Black, Bruce Springsteen and the late Alex Chilton, among others. Pitchfork gathered some reports for you.
- Les Savy Fav will release a new album, Root For Ruin on September 14.
- Also dropping September 14 will be the Walkmen’s Fat Possum debut, Lisbon. The band will hit the road next month.
- Lissie, who has been a cover song powerhouse this year, will release her first full album, Catching a Tiger, on August 17, and you can pre-order it from Fat Possum now.
- Via RZA’s Twitter: Post a picture of yourself with the Swarm cover/logo to RZA’s Facebook for a chance to win an autographed copy of Pollen: The Swarm, Part 3. Winner will be chosen June 26.
- NTSIB favorite and part of the inspiration for turning this blog into a reality, A.A. Bondy will be hitting the road again in October, sharing dates with his new label-mates the Walkmen.
Speaking of Lissie’s great covers, here she is doing Cleveland-native Kid Cudi’s “Pursuit of Happiness”.