Here is what your Monday needs: some thudding dance music, with bursts of WHIMBLE WHIMBLE WHOOP and BZZZ BZZZ BZZZ. Seriously, it sounds like they were having some fun in the studio when they made this one. There are 35 songs but some of them are short, so you’re bound to find something you like, and if you hate a track, it’ll probably be over soon.
Black Cards – Up The Anti | Volume One by blackcards
Download link available here.
01. Gym Class Heroes & Neon Hitch “Ass Back Home (Black Cards Remix)”
02. Swedish House Mafia vs. Knife Party “Antidote (Kaskade Edit)”
03. Dada Life “Happy Violence (Caveat Remix)”
04. Skrillex & Ellie Goulding “Summit (Aylen Remix)”
05. Rihanna “We Found Love (Black Cards Live Edit)”
06. Kaskade “Turn It Down (Le Castle Vania Remix)”
07. Cobra Starship “#1Night (Black Cards Remix)”
08. Havana Brown “We Run The Night (Congorock Remix)”
09. Nero “Promises (Denzal Park Remix)”
10. R3hab “Sending My Love … Continue reading
Jennifer re-employs her uncanny ability to get killer shots of Pete Wentz as he broadens the current trend of bands with “Black” in their names. While my taste frequently diverges from Jennifer’s, and NTSIB would not have any Wentz-related content without her, I’m truly proud to be able to feature her great shots here.
Pete Wentz amid a forest of hands and cameras
Apparently I have some mysterious talent for taking reasonably good but yet oddly blown-out pictures of Pete Wentz. I took this a week and a half ago in a teeny-tiny club in Poughkeepsie. The occasion was the last night of a three-show mini-tour by Black Cards, which is his new band. Blown out or not I’m fond of it, though, because, well, look at his little grinny face. He was having fun, y’all, and I was glad I could be there to see it. (Also, that forest of hands and cameras? They were there ALL NIGHT. I was three rows back from the stage and that was essentially my view!)
As for the music: it was great. Their sound … Continue reading