The “Freaking Pile o’ Links” edition (this is what happens when I don’t do one of these for a couple of weeks).
- Robert Bralver and Jeff Broadway talk about their beautiful documentary Cure for Pain: The Mark Sandman Story.
- Watch the trailer for The Last Shop Standing, a documentary about UK record stores.
- Watch A Place to Bury Strangers’ ridiculous video for “Leaving Tomorrow” and catch them on tour.
- Watch our friends Field Report cover Sufjan Stevens on A.V. Undercover. (And check out the rest of this year’s covers, too. There are many gems.)
- I have exhorted you before to check out Ed Piskor’s Hip Hop Family Tree comic at Boing Boing, and now Fantagraphics have struck a deal to publish the collection.
- In another meeting of comics and music, How Fucking Romantic is a project to illustrate each track off of the Magnetic Field’s 69 Love Songs.
- For your extended viewing pleasure, Dangerous Minds has The Punk Rock Movie, filmed in 1977, and 1988’s Tougher Than Leather, featuring Run-D.M.C. Stupefaction has The Day the Country Died: A History of Anarcho Punk 1980-1984. And there’s a Chet Baker documentary called Let’s Get Lost on YouTube.