Bits: Patrick Sweany, Infantree, Shivering Timbers, Bill Withers, Empires
- Patrick Sweany was featured on Cleveland public radio program Around Noon this past Thursday. A lovely interview with a couple of wonderful live songs. Listen here.
- Infantree will be re-releasing their album Would Work in a re-mastered version at the end of April.
- Akron’s Shivering Timbers are venturing out beyond Ohio and will be playing Nashville, Tennessee – February 25 at the Basement and February 27 at the 5 Spot. Their album, We All Started in the Same Place, is now available on iTunes.
- Still Bill, a documentary about the amazing Bill Withers is now airing on Showtime.
And, from Jennifer:
- Empires, scrappy little band of my heart, has a shot at being the first unsigned band to be on the cover of Rolling Stone. They are from Chicago, and when I last discussed them on NTSIB , I described them as a “punch drunk love affair” and that description is still true. Their sound is big and raw and sexy and, basically, rock and roll at its finest.
Please, NTSIBbers, go and vote for them here at Rolling Stone, and then feel free to pass the link around.
This is a video for “Hello Lover”, their latest single: