- Our friends the Famous get a little love with a KFOG profile.
- Tickets for Daytrotter’s Barn on the 4th of July show are on sale now. There is a top secret headliner they’re keeping under wraps, but the announced bands are already provide more than enough excitement: Justin Townes Earle, Dawes, Johnny Corndawg and Young Man.
- Maximum Balloon is the new project from TV on the Radio’s Dave Sitek, and you can hear the song “Tiger” at the Maximum Balloon website.
- Pitchfork reports that Alan Moore is now out of the Gorillaz opera project due to scheduling discrepancies. Update: It seems “scheduling discrepancies” was a euphemism for “You didn’t scratch my back, so I’m not scratching yours”.
- If you’re in the Brooklyn area Friday, you should go to the Suckers’ record release party. You really should.
- The Flaming Lips have a video for badass tune “The Sparrow Looks Up at the Machine”. So. Much. Blood.
- The Black Keys do some live in-studio performances and an interview for the Interface at Spinner. Putting TBK in an antiseptic studio with no audience is antithetical, but “Next Girl” is still nice ‘n’ dirty.
- And if you’d like to have an Akron, Ohio-themed day, after watching the TBK videos, head over to Spinner and take a listen to the new Devo album, Something for Everyone.
Big Boi puts the boom-boom in your CPU with a video for “General Patton”.