- Old Crow Medicine Show, Mumford & Sons and Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros will be kicking off the Railroad Revival Tour on April 21. The bands will travel by train across the southwestern United States and perform at outdoor venues in California, Arizona, Texas and Louisiana. Not quite as fun as the Roots on the Rails shows since the audience won’t get to travel on the train with the bands, but a unique and cool gimmick nonetheless.
- Our friends at Ninebullets.net will be throwing a couple of fine parties at SXSW this year – on March 18 and 19 – featuring artists like Caitlin Rose, Kasey Anderson and the Honkies, Two Cow Garage, the Only Sons and more. Details here.
- If you can stand heading over to MySpace, you can stream Raekwon’s new album Shaolin Vs. Wu-Tang.
- Booker T. Jones will be releasing a new album, The Road from Memphis, on May 10. THe album is produced by Jones, ?uestlove and Rob Schnapf (Beck, Elliot Smith), and Jones is backed by the Roots.
- Shivering Timbers will be in the WRUW studios on March 31 around 5 PM EST. … Continue reading
- The Wu-Tang Clan are touring in December (and possibly beyond), including a New Year’s Eve show in Pittsburgh.
12/4/10 San Diego, CA, 4th & B
12/5/10 Los Angeles, CA, Club Nokia
12/10/10 Dallas, TX, Granada Theater
12/22/10 Boston, MA, Wilbur Theater
12/26/10 New Haven, CT, Toad’s Place
12/28/10 Providence, RI, Lupo’s Heartbreak Hotel
12/30/10 Philadelphila, PA, Trocadero
12/31/10 Millvale, PA, Mr. Smalls Theater
- Re-issuing relatively new albums with additional live material is the new black. The Black Keys will be releasing limited edition numbered vinyl package of Brothers on November 26 as part of a special Black Friday Record Store Day, which will include the original double vinyl and CD of the album, plus a 10″ of a live session recorded in Akron of select Brothers tracks (different from their recent iTunes session) and a poster
- Mumford and Sons will be re-releasing Sigh No More on November 29 in a limited edition package that will include the original album on CD, a DVD and a bonus disc of songs recorded at a pair of live gigs at Shepherd’s Bush Empire last March.
- Blues legend Robert Johnson would have been 100 … Continue reading
” target=”blank”>a free mp3 of “Harlem River Blues” from Justin Townes Earle’s forthcoming album of the same name, which drops on September 14.
8.10.10 – The High Noon Saloon – Madison, Wisconsin
8.11.10 – Cactus Club – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
8.12.10 – Schuba’s – Chicago, Illinois