Here’s some news on what’s been shaking at the office(s) – by which we mean kitchen tables – of NTSIB.
1) April has made a TRIUMPHANT RETURN. Yes, darlings, the hiatus is over. If you’re just tuning in now and have missed this development, you can hit up her tag to see recent posts.
2) Jennifer is on the verge – nay, in the act, as we speak – of packing her bags and traps and moving to Mississippi. Yes, this is why service has been somewhat reduced this summer. But! Once she has settled, regular service, such as it is, will resume.
3) Jennifer has also been offered a shot at being on a panel at SXSW. You can vote for it here, until tomorrow, Sept. 4. The subject: How to successfully develop relationships with blogs as an emerging artist. The short answer to this question is 1) READ THE DIRECTIONS and 2) BANDCAMP, SOUNDCLOUD, FTLOG, USE THEM, I NEED EMBEDDABLE, STREAMABLE MEDIA. For the long version, with flappy hands and funny faces, will be at the conference, should the panel get picked up. (Or your local dirty rock club, should you meet Jennifer … Continue reading
Good morning darlings. This is Jennifer, just here to first say thank you for all of your kind words yesterday, as the NTSIB community bid a sad and fond farewell to April, our founder and fearless leader, and secondly to confirm that while April is retiring from music blogging, I am not.
There may be some hiccups in the next couple of days and weeks while I get things re-organized, but NTSIB remains open and afloat!
I look forward to having many new musical adventures, and I hope you will continue to join me.
Our reader survey is closed! The numbers weren’t big enough to draw any serious conclusions, but the following are a few of the notes I’ve made for myself:
– With some exceptions in the Millenial/Boomer ends of the spectrum, our audience – and I say this with deep and abiding (if bemused) affection – is probably best described as “Gen-Xers who seem to enjoy cultural whiplash.”
– Nobody except me uses tags to navigate the site.
– Most popular: reviews (music and books about music-related topics) and “A good read, a good drink . . .” series. Least popular: Video challenges and year-end photo round-ups.
– Most readers connect either via Twitter (reading as stories are posted) OR have us bookmarked and check in periodically.
Thank you to everyone who contributed!
Two items of business this evening, darlings:
1) Our submission guidelines have been revised.
2) The reader survey: still happening. 10 questions which should not take more than 10 minutes of your time. Stand up and be counted and give us your unvarnished opinion!