Friday Link Session
- Morrissey has been diagnosed with a pre-cancerous throat condition, but he’s determined to be back on the stage next week. Check out Louder Than War for more details. Best wishes, Moz.
- Continuing in the artists-of-the-’80s-who-remain-mighty vein, Depeche Mode have made a video for their lead single, “Heaven”, from their forthcoming album Delta Machine. Watch the video at Stereogum and tell me they shouldn’t be tapped for the next Bond film soundtrack.
- Dinosaur Jr. made a stop at World Cafe recently, complete with characteristically painful interview segments.
- Hearth Music posted a trailer for the upcoming Coen Brothers’ film “Inside Llewyn Davis” to their Tumblr. The intriguing-looking movie is based on the memoirs of folk artist Dave Van Ronk.
- Cleveland’s Weapons of Mass Creation Fest has chosen its dates and venue for this year. Mark August 16 through 18 on your calendar, NEOers.
- Stupefaction has posted a documentary called “The Britpop Story”. No prizes for guessing what it’s about.
- Set some time aside for “Wattstax” the documentary of a 1972 concert festival of Stax artists in memory of the 1965 Watts riots. The Staples Singers, Albert King, Isaac Hayes, and Rufus Thomas in pink shorts and white go-go boots – you don’t want to miss that.
- Closing it out this week, check out our friends Field Report performing their beautiful “I Am Not Waiting Anymore” for Live Nation Labs.