A few things about me:
- I have been told that my taste in music has a wider range than it has any business having.
- My favorite bands are the Afghan Whigs and Morphine.
- I am currently loving on A.A. Bondy so hard that it makes my eyeballs roll back in my head.
- Other favorites include a range from Cab Calloway to Shudder to Think to Paolo Conte to Modest Mouse to Hank Williams, Sr. And, obviously, the Clash.
- It is difficult to recommend music to me because my taste is idiosyncratic, but I love it when people try.
Why start yet another music blog when the internet is positively glutted with music blogs? Partially for myself, partially for my long-suffering friends. Music has long been one of my top obsessions. I love to listen to it, to go to shows, to find new music, to discover old music, to fall in love with artists and to write about it all. Endlessly. So much so that I could almost feel the metaphorical pushing and boots-to-the-ass of friends when the idea of concentrating my music mania into a central blog first came about. “Do it!” they … Continue reading