There will be a Henry Clay People/Drive By Truckers show review later today, but I had to share this now. Drummer, which includes Patrick Carney of the Black Keys on bass, recorded a session for Laundromatinee, and it was just posted yesterday.
Drummer – Buddyscapes from LaundroMatinee on Vimeo.
Drummer didn’t get the attention it deserved and further activity from the Ohio drummer-comprised “supergroup” seems unlikely, but if you missed their album Feel Good Together the first time around, you should still jump on it. Their Laundromatinee session, which includes mp3s as well as videos, will show you why.
Drummer on Laundromatinee
- While Dan is away, Patrick still plays. NPR has a piece on Drummer, the side project of Patrick Carney of the Black Keys.
- No fear for Black Keys fans though, as Patrick and Dan Auerbach will be releasing their sixth album, Brothers, on May 18th.
- The Carolina Chocolate Drops, who released Genuine Negro Jig last month and will be playing the Beachland Ballroom next week, get the Fresh Air treatment
- mr. Gnome’s new 7″, “Tastes Like Magic”, is now available for pre-order and download.
- The Flaming Lips get back on the road this month.
- The Builders and the Butchers are out and at it, as well.
- The Levon Helm Band/the Duke and the King show in New Jersey that was postponed last month has been rescheduled for March 12.
- Further to the Carolina Chocolate Drops new joint, watch them perform “Cornbread and Butterbeans” for WDVX’s Blue Plate Special: