- Stream the new Dirtbombs album Party Store at the Detroit Free Press. Do it now!
- Speaking of the greatness of Detroit music, there’s a campaign on to fund a documentary called Louder than Love: The Grande Ballroom Story, about the enormous, once-majestic venue that played hosted to local Detroit legends like the Stooges and MC5 as well as national acts like the Who.
- The Black Keys brought tales of urine-soaked minivans to NPR’s Fresh Air yesterday. Listen here.
- Baby You Can Drive My Car shares a lovely performance and interview with Shivering Timbers.
- The Akron Beacon Journal has a nice article on Jamie Stillman (he of Drummer, Harriet the Spy, Party of Helicopters, Relaxer and about umpteen other projects) and his effects pedal business, Earthquaker Devices.
- The Drive-By Truckers reunited with Jason Isbell for an evening in Huntsville. You can download the show.
- The Carolina Chocolate Drops have released a collaborative EP with Luminescent Orchestrii, and CCDs will begin their 2011 tour tomorrow in New York with a show at Lincoln Center.
Bits: the Dirtbombs, the Grande Ballroom, the Black Keys, Shivering Timbers, Jamie Stillman, Drive-By Truckers, Carolina Chocolate Drops
Bookmark the permalink.